Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry K Larry K is offline

Default Distributing a macro downloaded from Internet

I have 24 files named 1-Q.rtf, 2-Q.rtf, etc to 24-Q.rtf. I recorded a macro
that appends them to CoverPage.doc in numerical order and I need to
distribute the 24 rtf files and the CoverPage.doc with the macro to people in
other places using Internet downloads. The macro shows up in Normal.dot and
works on my computer.

I'm confused about how to do this. I saved CoverPage.doc also to
CoverPage.dot as a template file but it still doesn't work correctly on a
different computer after downloading with the other files.

What else do I need to do to enable the files and macro to be used from
Internet downloads? Thanks for any help.
--
Larry K
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

The macros must be saved to a template such as mymacros.dot. The users will
then need to install the template into the Word Startup folder so that they
are available globally.

Alternatively, if they are only going to be used with coverpage.dot, then
the macros may be saved with coverpage.dot. The users then need to install
them in their template folder and need to use File, Open and select the
template to open a new blank coverpage.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Larry K" wrote in message
I have 24 files named 1-Q.rtf, 2-Q.rtf, etc to 24-Q.rtf. I recorded a
macro
that appends them to CoverPage.doc in numerical order and I need to
distribute the 24 rtf files and the CoverPage.doc with the macro to people
in
other places using Internet downloads. The macro shows up in Normal.dot
and
works on my computer.

I'm confused about how to do this. I saved CoverPage.doc also to
CoverPage.dot as a template file but it still doesn't work correctly on a
different computer after downloading with the other files.

What else do I need to do to enable the files and macro to be used from
Internet downloads? Thanks for any help.
--
Larry K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry K Larry K is offline

The macro will only be used with CoverPage.doc so I did right by saving
CoverPage.doc to Save As "CoverPage.dot" I think? The macro was embedded in
CoverPage.doc (as well as Normal.dot).

If I understand your comment then I can zip the CoverPage.doc and
CoverPage.dot, plus the 24 rtf files and place it on the Internet for
downloading. Once downloaded and unzipped to a folder then the user must
"install" them in their template folder you said. Is "them" both the
CoverPage.doc and also CoverPage.dot files? And, would the 24 rtf files also
have to be in the user's template folder? Lastly, by "install" do you mean to
move those files into the user's template folder (where Normal.dot is
installed by Microsoft)?
--
Larry K

"Larry K" wrote in message
I have 24 files named 1-Q.rtf, 2-Q.rtf, etc to 24-Q.rtf. I recorded a
macro
that appends them to CoverPage.doc in numerical order and I need to
distribute the 24 rtf files and the CoverPage.doc with the macro to people
in
other places using Internet downloads. The macro shows up in Normal.dot
and
works on my computer.

I'm confused about how to do this. I saved CoverPage.doc also to
CoverPage.dot as a template file but it still doesn't work correctly on a
different computer after downloading with the other files.

What else do I need to do to enable the files and macro to be used from
Internet downloads? Thanks for any help.
--
Larry K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Why do you need CoverPage.doc and Cover Page.dot? You only need the
template. The user then opens a new Cover Page document from the template. I
cannot see what Cover Page.doc is going to do.

Terry