Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sch06 sch06 is offline

Default Mail merge showing blank lines/computer freezing

I'm working on a large report/merge. I've had to add some format switches
and If/Then statements to the field codes. First problem is that computer
freezes frequently when switching to view the merge. Second problem is that
on my second line the code is basically(IF (MERGEFIELD fieldname)"" "text
to enter if not blank"). If that field is blank, it leaves a blank line, yet
doesn't do this for my other lines of field code that are virtually
identical. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will need to deal with the case where the field is blank, that your
field construction is not doing to properly handle that case.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP