Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Knuckles01

Default Printer list in Word 2003 -- can I just view a list without icons?

Hi! We recently upgraded our users from Word XP to Word 2003. Now when
users go to print something, however, the list of printers in the Print
dialogue box is HUGE because instead of just giving them a simple text-based
list of the available printers like Word XP did, it puts a cutesy "printer"
icon next to each name. The icon makes each entry take up twice as much room
in the list, and since we have a lot of networked printers here, that means a
LOT of scrolling to get to the various printers our users need to use.

Is there any way to make those icons go away and get back to just having a
simple list appear in that drop-box?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

--Meg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have to agree that this is annoying. I had an idea that maybe changing the
view from Large Icons to Small Icons in the Printers folder of Control Panel
would make a difference, but alas! it did not.