Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeonF LeonF is offline

Default MSWord2003 Options Settings

MSWord looses its settings. I change the settings under ToolsOptions in a
certain way, but after a computer shut down and start up the settings change
back to some default that I do not want. What do I have to do to change the
settings PERMANENTLY?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You need to remove whatever is interfering with Word saving its settings,
which is not determinable from your post. Acrobat is a common culprit.

"LeonF" wrote in message
MSWord looses its settings. I change the settings under ToolsOptions in
certain way, but after a computer shut down and start up the settings
change
back to some default that I do not want. What do I have to do to change
the
settings PERMANENTLY?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In addition to Jezebel's comments, options are stored in the settings subkey
of the Word data key in the registry. Word 2003 in particular has a habit of
randomly changing some settings - probably as a result of third party
software interaction, but difficult to pin down. If this is what is
happening you can force the required configuration for each document using
auto macros. You'll find somke examples at