Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

Default When is an update of fields necessary?

I do often just to be sure update all fields in my large documents ctl+a and
than F9.

So my q. is:
Is it necessary update my fields if I e.g. make a page brake somewhere and
so move a cross reference in another page. How does it works in Word
generally?

I know:
If I have generated TOC with page numbers, I must update field in TOC to get
the right numbering.

Thank you
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Cross-references to page numbers must be updated, of course, if the target
bookmark is on a different page after you've edited the document. And, in a
similar fashion, you will have to update cross-references to paragraph
numbers if you have added or deleted numbered paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in message
I do often just to be sure update all fields in my large documents ctl+a
and
than F9.

So my q. is:
Is it necessary update my fields if I e.g. make a page brake somewhere and
so move a cross reference in another page. How does it works in Word
generally?

I know:
If I have generated TOC with page numbers, I must update field in TOC to
get
the right numbering.

Thank you
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
WIN XP Pro SP2, Office 2007 SP 1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

How do I recognize numbered paragraph?

What is the numbered paragraph?

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A numbered paragraph has numbering applied as text formatting, that is, via
a numbered style or via Home tab | Multilevel List or Home tab | Numbering.
Paragraphs numbered via LISTNUM fields also belong to this category, because
LISTNUM fields make use of the same underlying mechanism for numbering, the
so-called list template.

In-depth information about numbering in Word is available in this article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...gExplained.htm.

For general information about applying numbering to text, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.