Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cathi Cathi is offline

Default 2007 Themes don't show on document

I have Word 2007 running on Windows XP Professional. On Page Layout I can
choose any of the themes, but they don't show up on the document. Does
anyone know why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you using styles to create your document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cathi" wrote:

I have Word 2007 running on Windows XP Professional. On Page Layout I can
choose any of the themes, but they don't show up on the document. Does
anyone know why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cathi Cathi is offline

No, I am just opening a blank word document and typing the text. When I'm
finished I can hover over the themes and I can see the font and size of the
text change, but that's it. Aren't themes supposed to look like the
thumbprints I'm hovering over with a themed color and template? What exactly
is supposed to show up on a theme? Thanks for your help.

"Cathi" wrote:

I have Word 2007 running on Windows XP Professional. On Page Layout I can
choose any of the themes, but they don't show up on the document. Does
anyone know why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Themes work in conjunction with the Styles you see in the Styles group on
the Home tab. Try applying a Heading style to some text and then note how
the font/size/color changes when you hover over a Theme in the gallery.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word