Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith J. Keith J. is offline

Default Hidden Text

I have a document that has hidden text in it that I cannot seem to find.
This was a document that I received, deleted all the text and wrote my info
in (I liked the originals formatting). However, there is text that I cannot
find in order to delete. If I save as a TEXT only file, I see it in the
preview when I am saving. However, I do not see it when I open the file. I
cannot determine any view where I can get to the text. I can use search to
look for the text, but it will not show up in the search results.
Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

You should press CTRL+SHIFT+8 which will display all the hidden text as
well as the hidden characters such as hard returns, manual page breaks,
section breaks, tabs, spaces, etc. The hidden text will be formatted
with a dotted underline under the text.

Happy hunting.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Keith J." wrote in message
:

I have a document that has hidden text in it that I cannot seem to find.
This was a document that I received, deleted all the text and wrote my info
in (I liked the originals formatting). However, there is text that I cannot
find in order to delete. If I save as a TEXT only file, I see it in the
preview when I am saving. However, I do not see it when I open the file. I
cannot determine any view where I can get to the text. I can use search to
look for the text, but it will not show up in the search results.
Suggestions?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/24/2007 11:27 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keith J. Keith J. is offline

Dawn,
AWESOME. Just like that problem solved.
THANKS!

"Keith J." wrote in message
:

I have a document that has hidden text in it that I cannot seem to find.
This was a document that I received, deleted all the text and wrote my info
in (I liked the originals formatting). However, there is text that I cannot
find in order to delete. If I save as a TEXT only file, I see it in the
preview when I am saving. However, I do not see it when I open the file. I
cannot determine any view where I can get to the text. I can use search to
look for the text, but it will not show up in the search results.
Suggestions?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/24/2007 11:27 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Good Deal!

CTRL+SHIFT+8 will toggle them on or off depending. Personally, I work
with the hidden characters always showing, but I know some people who
are bothered by them so only turn them on occasionally.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Keith J." wrote in message
:

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/24/2007 11:27 AM

HIDDEN TEXT Den New Users 7 January 4th 08 05:01 AM
Hidden Text Betsy Microsoft Word Help 1 October 31st 06 02:54 PM
Way to hide text without hidden text font? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 6 December 11th 05 09:53 PM
tc field codes, hidden text, takes up space even when hidden DJEB Microsoft Word Help 3 July 14th 05 12:39 PM
Text hidden Whistlepig Microsoft Word Help 4 May 18th 05 03:16 PM