Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Galloway Scott Galloway is offline

Default Microsoft Word Email Merge 2007

I am a fan of email merge with Word and used it almost daily with Word 2003.
I installed Office 2007 enterprise edition along with Vista Business this
week and the email merge feature doesn't seem to work.

When i hit the finish and merge button and then click OK it acts like it is
merging however NOTHING is ever sent to Microsoft Outlook. In
troubleshooting I have discovered if I choose to do merge as attachment or
merge plain text (instead of the default HTML) then an annoying alllow merge
message comes up for each message and it will merge successfully.

I have updated everyting so Windows Vista and Microsoft Office are 100% up
to date. I am a mail merge junkie and am extremely familiar with how it is
supposed to work and how it does word in Word/Outlook 2007.

Extra info in case you need it:the data sources i typically pull from is
Excel spreadsheets or Microsoft Access tables.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To over come the clicking problem, download the Express ClickYes utility
from:

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

I wouldn't bother with HTML as you have no control over how the recipient
will read you message. If they are astute, to lessen the risk of a
virus/malware attack, they will have their mail program configured to read
all messages in text format.

If you really want the formatting to be preserved, you should create the
documents as .pdf files and send them as an attachment to a mailmerged
message.

To get an add-in that will create the separate files for you, see the
"Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

To attach files to a mailmerge, see the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.