Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John Gregory

Default PDF File Conversion?

I have a 150 page pdf file of instructions I plan to use as a guide for
self-directed instruction on using a very busy program; Fidelity's Active
Trader Pro. I'd like to be able to convert the thing to a Word 2003 document
but can't find anything in Word's Help file that addresses it. It looks like
..pdf isn't an extension that's convertible.

A quick search on the net yields a number of programs that appear to do
this. I have no idea what's the best way - and safest - way to approach this
task (I'm always leery of downloading anything).

Can someone please give me some advice on how to make this conversion to
Word, what outside software I should be looking at if necessary, and any
other way of getting that pdf file into a more manageable form. Something
that would allow comments to be made right on the file as I read it would
also be of possible help.