Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie

Default Two Types of Page numbering

I have created a cookbook in word and would like the first few pages of
glossary to have roman numeral page numbers. Then I wish to start on
numeric page numbers with the first recipe. Do I have to do this
manually or is there an alternative ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Hi Katie,

I use Word 2003 and what I might do is create my first Header or Footer
using the Roman Numerals (which will automatically create all your page
numbers throughout your book in the same format).

Step 2, I'd insert a continuous section break at the top of the page
that I wish to begin with the different page numbering, and then format
the numbers in that section to start from "1" and not to continue from
the previous section.

The first set of Headers/Footers will be in Section 1, and the next set
will be in Section 2.

Best of luck with this!

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Enter a section break before the first roman numeral page. You can then
number the sections separately. When numbering the second section, click
Insert-Page numbers, then click Format, and uncheck "Continue from previous
section."

oups.com...