Jan Kronsell

Default Pagenumber problems

I have a document with several sections. The pagenumbers starts at section
2, and I start this section with pagenumber 1. Section 1 contains right now
7 pages, but that wil change.

I want to have the total number og numbered pages shown on each page. Right
now page 1 is shown as 1 of 106, but that is the total number of pages
including the first section ,and it should be shwon as 1of 99.

I can change the field,so I subtract 7 pages from the NUMPAGES field, but is
there no way, I can automate tha, so when the number of pages in the first,
unnumbered section changes, the total will change to?

Jan

TF

To add to Suzanne's answer, if there is multiple sections, you can add
SectionPages to the first section and bookmark it (hide it if you don't need
it displayed) and then in the following sections, use NumPages - Bookmark
for the running totals.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I want to have the total number og numbered pages shown on each page.
Right
: now page 1 is shown as 1 of 106, but that is the total number of pages
: including the first section ,and it should be shwon as 1of 99.
:
: I can change the field,so I subtract 7 pages from the NUMPAGES field, but
is
: there no way, I can automate tha, so when the number of pages in the
first,
: unnumbered section changes, the total will change to?
:
: Jan
:
:
:

Actually, you don't need to add a SectionPages field, just a bookmark on the
last page of Section 1. You can then use a cross-reference to the page
number of the bookmark. Easier still, put the bookmark on the last page of
the last section and use the cross-reference instead of the NumPages or
calculated field.