LuckyLady

Default Datasource Path

Using XPWord, I can find the name of the datasource file by clicking on
Tools, Mailings, Mail Merge Wizard. This displays the wizard on the right
side of screen. But it does not tell me the full path where this datasource
file is located.

Is there a way to find out the full path of a datasource file not just the
name?

Thanks for your help on this.
Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then go to the Commands tab of the
Customize dialog and select the All commands category and scroll down
through the list until you find the Mail Merge Helper item. Left click and
drag this onto the toolbar and then use this to open your mailmerge main
document and then in section 2 of the Helper, use the Edit data source item
to open the datasource. Then you could insert a Filename field with the \p
switch to get the filename or run a macro containing

MsgBox ActiveDocument.Fullname

and that will display the filename and path.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP