Posted to microsoft.public.word.vba.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jurgens@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Insert radio buttons in Word 2003

I am not a VBA programmer but I can follow directions. I need some
help.

I am trying to create a form in Word 2003 and I want to use check
boxes. However, I don't like the bland check box feature that is
incorporated into Word. Right now I am using the "check box macro"
that I picked up from the MVP site but it's not exactly what I want.

I have a table with several rows. In each row I have a nested table
(1 row, 4 colums). In the main row there is a statement; i.e., "How
would your rate my product?" Then, in the nested table, I have the
check box macro. In the nested table a user can click on a cell
labled Poor, Good, Better, Best , for example. When the Good, Better,
Best cells are checked, a BLACK check mark appears in the cell. When
the Poor cell is checked a RED check mark appears. The border around
ALL of the cells is BLACK. In addition, the check marks are NOT
mutually exclusive - more than one cell can be checked (not good).

I would like to get rid of the nested table and I would like the check
marks to be mutually exclusive.

Is there a way to have box symbols as place holders for Poor, Good,
Better, Best and then when one of those boxes is checked the
placeholder symbol is replaced with a black box and either a black or
red check mark (symbol or image).

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.vba.general,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could modify the code at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...FmFldChbxs.htm to work with a
table cell rather than a frame e.g.

Sub CheckBox1()
Dim oField As FormField
For Each oField In Selection.Tables(1).Cell(1, 1).Range.FormFields
oField.CheckBox.Value = False
Next oField
Selection.FormFields(1).CheckBox.Value = True
End Sub

where this is table 1 and cell A:1 but changing the colour of the text box
when checked may be a stretch that would require the form to be temporarily
unprotected. I would have to think about that. You are also limited to the
form field check boxes.

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Interactiv...Checkboxes.htm offers some
alternative suggestions