Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
delightfuldi delightfuldi is offline

Default i would like to add a ruler to my word documents

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

To the actual document, or to the Word window?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
delightfuldi delightfuldi is offline

when i open a document, i am used to having the ruler appear horizontally at
the top; this makes it easier for me to adjust the margins, etc. rather
than going into formatting

"macropod" wrote:

To the actual document, or to the Word window?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Choose View - Ruler.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"macropod" wrote:

To the actual document, or to the Word window?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
delightfuldi delightfuldi is offline

So very simple that I had forgotten

Worked for law firms all of my life; retired a year ago. Vowed I would
never want to look at a computer again. WRONG. Just got a brand new one,
but can't believe how much I had forgotten. Thanks much.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Choose View - Ruler.

--

"macropod" wrote:

To the actual document, or to the Word window?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Some vows are hard to keep. smile

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
"delightfuldi" wrote in message
news
So very simple that I had forgotten

Worked for law firms all of my life; retired a year ago. Vowed I would
never want to look at a computer again. WRONG. Just got a brand new
one,
but can't believe how much I had forgotten. Thanks much.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Choose View - Ruler.

--

"macropod" wrote:

To the actual document, or to the Word window?

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"delightfuldi" wrote in
message

Ruler set up in Word DanielleK Microsoft Word Help 2 April 4th 07 08:38 PM
how can I use ruler in Word انا New Users 2 November 22nd 06 02:31 PM
Word ruler The Rose Lady Page Layout 2 May 7th 06 06:56 PM
Ruler in Word Aslyfox Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 05 07:06 AM
how to put ruler in word mottley Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 11:49 PM