Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Prasant

Default Problem in Tabs

Hi there,

I'm working on Word2003.

I am creating a document in which I have some headings and descriptions
which will be coming after a colon in the same line. I placed the heading in
bold, a colon in 0.80 tab space and in 1.90 tab space I placed the
description. I'm sure there are no spaces between the colons. As they are
only single line descriptions, the customer needs that kind of alignment. Now
when I complete the page layout with tabs positions, I went for Preview. I'm
shocked to see that the colons are aligned in a zigzag manner instead of
aligning as a straight one below the other . I tried many options but could
not solve the problem.

Can anyone tell the option with which I can align the tabs in a straight
manner. Neither spacing nor tab doing the job. Is there any option I have to
disable or enable. Even tabs inside the table doesn't work. Please help as I
have many docs to do.

Thanks in Advance.
Prasant.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

When you select one of these colonic lines, does the ruler show the tabs
where you expect them to be, and exactly the same for all such lines?

"Prasant" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Prasant

Hi Jezebel

I can see the tabs in the ruler and also all in the same position. But still
the colons " : " are not aligned straight one below the other. I checked by
drawing a line also.
In the document it looks like below.
:
:
:
:
:

But in the final output, it looks like this

:
:
:
:
:

Help me please.

"Prasant" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Display non-printing characters so you can see what's going on. Find the
spaces around your tabs and delete them. Check that your colons are all the
same font, size, and weight.