Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Molly Molly is offline

Default merge files

When setting up a merge, I would like to be able to have .mer file types show
automatically in the type of files box. Currently, I am shown all files
except mer files as possible files to use in my merge. I have to go to the
pull down in the the "types of file" box and select .mer files.
Is there a way to change this?
MT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What type of file is a .mer file? The simplest thing would be to change the
extension to one that automatically appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Molly" wrote in message
news
When setting up a merge, I would like to be able to have .mer file types
show
automatically in the type of files box. Currently, I am shown all files
except mer files as possible files to use in my merge. I have to go to
the
pull down in the the "types of file" box and select .mer files.
Is there a way to change this?
MT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Molly Molly is offline

Hi,
A .mer file is a filemaker pro 6 file type. It is used to merge documents
into Word.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What type of file is a .mer file? The simplest thing would be to change the
extension to one that automatically appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Molly" wrote in message
news
When setting up a merge, I would like to be able to have .mer file types
show
automatically in the type of files box. Currently, I am shown all files
except mer files as possible files to use in my merge. I have to go to
the
pull down in the the "types of file" box and select .mer files.
Is there a way to change this?
MT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

But is it, for example, a delimited text file like this

nameoffield1,nameoffield2
ro1field1data,row1field2data
row2field1data,row2field2data

(in which case, if possible, change the extension to .txt or .csv)

or something else?

Which version of Word are you using?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What type of file is a .mer file? The simplest thing would be to change
the
extension to one that automatically appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP