Steve B.

Default Tracking changes problem

I am working with an internal Word document that several people in my company
have edited using track changes. I have finalized the document by selecting
€œAccept All,€ and the document is clean when I close it. However, when I
reopen it or attach it to an email and the recipient opens it, it is viewed
with track changes until they select €œFinal€ from the drop down menu on the
View toolbar. When we send this document out to clients, we dont want them
to be able to see the track changes. At the same time, we want the client to
be able to track their own changes. I work with tons of documents this way,
and Ive never had this problem before. No matter what I do €“ resave as a
different name, copy and paste into a new document €“ I cant get rid of that
track changes view! Please help!!

Doug Robbins

Save as an .RTF file, then close, open and re-save as Word.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Steve B." Steve wrote in message
I am working with an internal Word document that several people in my
company
have edited using track changes. I have finalized the document by
selecting
"Accept All," and the document is clean when I close it. However, when I
reopen it or attach it to an email and the recipient opens it, it is
viewed
with track changes until they select "Final" from the drop down menu on
the
View toolbar. When we send this document out to clients, we don't want
them
to be able to see the track changes. At the same time, we want the client
be able to track their own changes. I work with tons of documents this
way,
and I've never had this problem before. No matter what I do - resave as a
different name, copy and paste into a new document - I can't get rid of
that
track changes view! Please help!!

Beth Melton

How did you protect the document for Tracked Changes? Did you use
Tools/Protect Document or did you turn on "Track Changes" under the
Tools menu or on the Reviewing toolbar?

Also, what version of Word are you using?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

[...]

Steve B.

Hi Beth -

We're using Word 2003 and we tried both methods that you mentioned. We also
tried removing the comments using the Delete Comments, but that wasn't
highlighted.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Beth Melton

Are you referring to Tracked Changes or Comments??

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/