Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tammy

Default Why does my font change when I start to type?

I know next to nothing about Word, so please don't answer in technical
jargon.

I want my default font to be 'Tekton'. I set the default as 'Tekton', but
as soon as I start to type in my document, the font immediately changes to
'Times New Roman'. It's so aggravating. Why does the font constantly change
to 'Times New Roman' when I type, no matter what I set the default to, and
how can I stop this from happening? I never had these problems with Word
before on our old computer and we are using the same version of Word with our
new computer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You changed the default font by selecting Tekton in the Font dialog,
clicking Default..., and answering yes? And the template you were asked
about is the one on which the document is based (Normal.dot by default), and
the new document was created *after* you changed the default font?

news