Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aarthi Aarthi is offline

Default HELP!!!Want to add a new service to Word's Research task Pane

Hi,
I want to add a service to Word's research options.
Could anyone suggest any url's that could be used.
I did try adding a few and got an error message

"No services were added as the service provider could not provide any valid
information."

Could there be some url's that I could use just to see how the options work
atleast?

Regards,
Aarthi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Aarthi,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're using.

If you have already used the 'Research Options' list and tick marked the ones available there and have not advertised listings in
the 'Add Services' button then in that same dialog check to see if you have an
'Update/Remove' button. If so, then select a category and click 'update' to update or add an additional service that hasn't been
enabled.

If you do not have that button then use the
'Get Services on Office Marketplace'
link to look for others

Be sure that your fire wall allows you to connect with that tool and that in Word 2007's Options Trust Center Settings (Alt, F, I,
T) that you have turned on the privacy choices for 'Search Microsoft Office Online... and 'Update featured links...'

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP