Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

Default Proofing at start up, Word 2007

CAN any one please tell me how can i PREVENT word 2007 from carrying out an
automatic proofing/spell checking when a file is opened.

i want that thing to work ONLY while typing NOT when i open a file !!

all my files are 100 pages and more, ITS HELL pain in the ass to check every
file i open. it takes ages and it kills my PC as well.

any help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

So it seems that no one is interested in helping me :-(
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think maybe we don't know what you're talking about. Aside from "Check
spelling as you type," Word does not by default run any sort of spelling
check at startup. Do you perhaps have some sort of add-in that causes this
behavior.

"Jake" wrote in message
So it seems that no one is interested in helping me :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

If I understand correctly this is a facet of "Check spelling as you type" -
when you open a document, Word has to go through it adding the coloured
squiggly lines. Checking as you type really means identifying in the UI at
all times.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jake" wrote in message
So it seems that no one is interested in helping me :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

there is something called proofing! right ?? now the example is :

a word file of 100 pages.

when i open it. it does not respond for a minute because its doing some
thing called {Checking for proofing errors} ! and thats not by any addins its
built in feature.

this check runs automatically when i open any word file and the checking
indicator on the statue bar shows a little book with a pen moving on it.

again thats a built-in feature!! the only add-ins i have are
1- save as pdf/xps formate
2- get started rebbon tab
3- microsoft math

Now how can i stop that automated thing from runnig at openning a file !!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

Finally some one got it . Yes exaclty. so the only solution is to turn off
the Check spelling as you type right !! how can i do that !!

if its turned off. then a document is opened. then the feature is turned on
again! does that mean that WORD will go through all the document again !!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jake jake is offline

Any answer !?!?!????????????????????????????????????????????/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I'm sorry. I've been doing something else. I drop in here and answer
questions as and when I can. I don't work for Microsoft and I don't get paid
for it. If you expect answers that quickly, you're going to have to pay
someone. Alternatively you could try it and see for yourself what happens.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jake" wrote in message

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To turn off automatic spell check and grammar check in Word: Click Office
button | Word Options. In the Proofing category, clear the "Check spelling
as you type" and "Mark grammar errors as you type" options. Then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP