Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] myronschroner@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lock a doc except for comments?

Hi all,

We've got a document that is going through final approval and we want
comments, but there are lots of tracked changes in it already and if
anyone added another change we wouldn't see it. (and don't want to run
document comparisons after each review).

Is it possible to lock a document except for comments, so that when it
is placed on Sharepoint comments can be made inside the document but
not changes?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Myron,

It depends a bit on what version of Word and Sharepoint you're using.
In Word 2007, for example, Review=Protect Document, will allow you to restrict editing to Comments only, whether Sharepoint server
is involved or not. I'm assuming you're not first accepting the tracked changes as you want comments to be made not only on the
original content but also on the proposed changes.

Also, if you open the Word 2007 reviewing pane 'Horizontal' at the bottom of the page the Insertions/Deletions/Comments are listed
by date/time stamp with the newest ones at the bottom so you might be able to do a quick scan there to see what has been changed
after a certain point in time.

Sharepoint has its own toolset of features youmay want to look at via the shaepoint discussion group.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Deleted comments - any way for a 3rd party to view deleted comments? SoxFanInVA Microsoft Word Help 3 January 10th 08 05:12 PM
How can I lock my letterhead? Kathy Lowell Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 06 08:44 PM
Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock button Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 10:01 AM
Num Lock Lindylou Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 05 12:08 AM
Make Word XP comments like Word 97 comments. LEE Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 05 05:07 PM