Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LiaoGoren LiaoGoren is offline

Default Trying to Alter Form I didnt Create

I am trying to edit a word document. I have attached the 2 files. I have
"altered" the old one to make the new one. (the one with the 2 after it
is the old one!) However I think I screwed it ALL up. The problem is
that I dont know how to alter the old file so that its still the same
format just with a few extra boxes and all that. I did an "ok" job. BUt
you will notice that the lines in the top section dont match up at all.
I need to figure out how to take the old file and twike it and make
minor changes to it to make it look like the new one.

When ever you tab from box to box in the old one it goes in perfact
order all the way down. When you tab in new one... lol its ALL JACKED
up.

First off I can usually find the problems with help and all that... but
I dont even understand HOW this was made... I have never seen it before.
But by playing with it I "kinda" figured it out.... but I still wanna
learn so that I can format all the other files (about 100 of them) over
the next month or so.

SO any help you can offer would be GREAT!~

--
LiaoGoren
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I couldn't see your attached files; note that attachments are not allowed in
this group. The following suggestions are based on your description of the
problem, only:

Generally, you must use table cells with borders to create lines in a form.
To have the lines "match," make sure to set exact dimensions for the table
cells (on the Row and Column tabs of the Table Properties dialog box).

To control the tab order of form fields, a macro is needed. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/SetTabOrder.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LiaoGoren" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LiaoGoren[_2_] LiaoGoren[_2_] is offline

Well I am sorry. I did forget to post a link to a fourm where I have the
files.

Here is a link. Please advise me further thanks

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/need-...p-t189346.html

Also... there is a copy of the orginal file and the file I was able to
limp thru. Can someone help me learn a little more about how it was
created so I can create more of them???

--
LiaoGoren
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Apparently, the layout was created with frames, not with table cells.
Right-click the frame border and choose Format Frame from the context menu.
This allows you to set the desired width and height of each frame.

Also, use the Borders and Shading dialog box to set the desired page border.

When you are done, protect the document. For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm, especially the
linked articles by Dian D. Chapmans.

If you are using Word 2007 and need more specific instructions, post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP