DrBlood

Default word doc displays different on different machines

I have a document that in the body will display like this on a office2k win2k
machine:

acct. no ship to acct no ship to add.
1234 blah blah 1234 blah blah

with several entry lines below the first. this is the correct format.

on another machine with office97 win2k and a michine with office 97 and
win2k (all pro version windows) it will display like this:

acct no.
ship to.
acct no.
ship to.

1234
blah blah
1234
blah blah

and all entries are below that centered also but on one of the win2k pro
machines with office 97 it will print in the correct format as demonstrated
above. I hope I have given enough info and any insight on why this might be
happening would be greatly appreciated.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RHJCbG9vZA==?=,

My first guess would be that

1. This document is set to automatically update styles (Tools/Templates and
Addins) and

2. On the machines in question, the style with which these paragraphs are
formatted is set to be centered, and probably with a very large left and right
indent from the margins.

See if turning off the automatic style update makes any difference.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 04:17 PM
how can you create quickwords in MS Office Word 2003 Christine S Microsoft Word Help 4 February 8th 05 03:01 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Macro that will add the file path & date to Word footnotes? Rich P Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 07:49 PM