Barb R.

Default Drawing Canvas Issue in document with multiple sections

I have a document that has three sections. There are two pages with a
drawing canvas in section 2. All sections have footers.

What I want to do is extract the drawing canvases in section 2 into a
separate document. I have attempted to delete the pages in section 1 and
section 3 and the drawing canvas moves to another place on the page.

What's the best way to extract these drawing canvases to another document?

Thanks in advance.

Barb Reinhardt
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmFyYiBSLg==?=,

I may be misunderstanding your question, but answering it as I understand it:

Copy/Paste?

If that's not it, could you please explain the problem you're experiencing in
more detail?

I have a document that has three sections. There are two pages with a
drawing canvas in section 2. All sections have footers.

What I want to do is extract the drawing canvases in section 2 into a
separate document. I have attempted to delete the pages in section 1 and
section 3 and the drawing canvas moves to another place on the page.

What's the best way to extract these drawing canvases to another document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Barb R.

Yup, that works. I realized after I posted my question that I was making it
FAR HARDER than I needed to. I was trying to delete the 1st and 3rd sections
and the margins for the second got all messed up. This document is a
strange one.

I do have another question for you. These documents need to be "Open and
Repaired" on what seems to be a rather frequent basis. Can you shed some
light on what might cause that?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmFyYiBSLg==?=,

I may be misunderstanding your question, but answering it as I understand it:

Copy/Paste?

If that's not it, could you please explain the problem you're experiencing in
more detail?

I have a document that has three sections. There are two pages with a
drawing canvas in section 2. All sections have footers.

What I want to do is extract the drawing canvases in section 2 into a
separate document. I have attempted to delete the pages in section 1 and
section 3 and the drawing canvas moves to another place on the page.

What's the best way to extract these drawing canvases to another document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmFyYiBSLg==?=,

Yup, that works. I realized after I posted my question that I was making it
FAR HARDER than I needed to. I was trying to delete the 1st and 3rd sections
and the margins for the second got all messed up. This document is a
strange one.

I do have another question for you. These documents need to be "Open and
Repaired" on what seems to be a rather frequent basis. Can you shed some
light on what might cause that?

It may well be related to the section breaks. Especially if you've been
"fiddling" a lot. Section breaks are tricky customers, because the break
actually belongs to the text preceding it. And if you delete a break, sections
have a disconcerting tendency to pick up the "wrong" section formatting
(margins, headers, footers, etc.)

It sounds as if this document has reached a critical stage. I recommend you copy
the text you want to keep into a NEW document - without the section breaks and
without the last paragraph mark - and recreate the sections in that document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)