godot

Default Merging {next record} in a table

I have a 2 column, 5 row table on an A4 page to print tickets which I
wish to produce 200 individually numbered tickets from. The data source
for the ticket numbers is Excel. Is it possible to set this up to use
the {NEXT RECORD} field function?

Many thanks
Godot

Cindy Meister

Why would you want to use this field? Is the problem getting multiple items
(tickets) on a sheet?

You can do that, by selecting "Next Record" from the "Insert Word field" on
the mail merge toolbar. You could also insert the field directly from
Insert/Field.

Place the field whereever you want Word to cycle to the next entry from
Excel. This might be the second cell and all following cells in the table? Or
what pattern should the repeat be?

-- Cindy

"godot" wrote:

I have a 2 column, 5 row table on an A4 page to print tickets which I
wish to produce 200 individually numbered tickets from. The data source
for the ticket numbers is Excel. Is it possible to set this up to use
the {NEXT RECORD} field function?

Many thanks
Godot

godot

Yes Cindy, I need to get 5 tickets a sheet. I used {Next Record} first
off and Word returned an error message that NEXT fields cannot be used
in footnotes, endnotes, annotations, headers and footers. My 5 row x 2
col table had a muliple row table embedded in the cells of one column
for formatting purposes. I removed that embedded table and {Next
Record} now works OK. I have no idea why Word generated the error which
was not consistent with the document properties; another Microsoft
vagary I guess.
Thanks for your input,
Godot