Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srm srm is offline

Default Merging - Each record on a new page

I'm using O2003 and W2003. When merging from contacts in Outlook to
Word (I start from within Outlook), each record starts a new page in my
Word document. Is there an option so when there is a new record, not
have it start a new page unless necessary (e.g., end of page)?

Thanks

Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the Mail Merge dialog box in Outlook, under "Merge options", specify the
Document Type as "Catalog". Or you can do the same thing in Word by enabling
the Mail merge toolbar, clicking the first button, and selecting the
Directory option.

If you need page breaks at certain points you then have to figure out a way
to insert them, typically using { IF } fields.

Peter Jamieson

"srm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm using O2003 and W2003. When merging from contacts in Outlook to
Word (I start from within Outlook), each record starts a new page in my
Word document. Is there an option so when there is a new record, not
have it start a new page unless necessary (e.g., end of page)?

Thanks

Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srm srm is offline

Peter:

Thxs. That took care of it. I appreciate the help.

Shawn

Peter Jamieson wrote:
In the Mail Merge dialog box in Outlook, under "Merge options", specify the
Document Type as "Catalog". Or you can do the same thing in Word by enabling
the Mail merge toolbar, clicking the first button, and selecting the
Directory option.

If you need page breaks at certain points you then have to figure out a way
to insert them, typically using { IF } fields.

Peter Jamieson

"srm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm using O2003 and W2003. When merging from contacts in Outlook to
Word (I start from within Outlook), each record starts a new page in my
Word document. Is there an option so when there is a new record, not
have it start a new page unless necessary (e.g., end of page)?

Thanks

Shawn

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
Next Record If, problems with merging multiple records [email protected] Mailmerge 0 January 13th 06 04:38 PM
Merging multiple images to a page JohnB Mailmerge 10 August 21st 05 12:51 PM