Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
becder becder is offline

Default Help. Word can't complete the save due to file permission error.

We are using Word 2007, SmartArt, with our students. I have had many students
get the error message "Word can't complete the save due to file permission
error" when they try to Save. We can rename the file and it's fine, but what
would be causing the error in the first place. This is happening with several
students, on several different SmartArt layouts, and we can't seems to
replicate or predict when it will happen. Any help/insight would be
appreciated.

(Apologies for the double post from 2005, but we can't get any replies to
show up on this post for some reason.)