Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ste Ste is offline

Default Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error

im currently running word 2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is that file on a network or shared drive? Can you do a Save As, rename it
and save it in the same location?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently running word 2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ste Ste is offline

the problem seems to be somthing to do with live one care and acer laptops as
i was reading another persons writing of a similar complaint. As soon as i
unistalled ms one care and installed norton instead the error message went
and has not occured again since.

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently running word 2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donz Donz is offline

I encountered the same problem after moving from Norton to Onecare ... Word
2007 couldn't "Complete The Save Due To A File Permission Error "

The current solution was also to uninstall One care :-(

Other solutions ?

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently running word 2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Brown David Brown is offline

I too have a Acer laptop with Word2000. This error started happening after
installing OneCare. Has anybody found a solution besides uninstalling One
Care?

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently running word 2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] crcanassr@hotmail.com is offline

"Ste" wrote in message
im currently runningword2002 on xp sp2 with a fat32 formatted hard
drive.
but eveytime i make a document, edit it, and try to save over it that
message
is displayed and it deletes all my work. HELP PLEASE!!

Error writing to network disks on word 2007. Whenever I try to write
to a network drive from Word 2007 I get a permissions error. This does
not happen on 2003 or with any other application (WordPerfect X3),
just 2007. We are using XP Professional. I tried disabling the
antivirus (Avast Pro) with the same results. Please Help, we just
sank a bunch of $$$$ upgrading to 2007.