Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Excel/Word links that can survive e-mail?

Hi,

I have a Word 2003 file with text that is linked from an Excel 2003
spreadsheet
that is used by salespeople to create estimates. Once created, the
estimates are printed from Word and handed to the client.

Here's the problem... How do I distribute the two files while
maintaining the links between them? Both e-mail and web distrubution
seem out since I don't know where the salespeople are going to save the
files. I can't leave the files in one, central location, since
multiple people might try to access them at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

....Jay

P.S., I apologize, but I posted this in microsoft.public.word a few
days ago and received no answers. I'm hoping that this group has
somewhat more traffic (or at least someone kind enough to reply).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hollingsworth, Joel

I don't know what sort of ideas you've tried, but I'd start by putting both
files in a folder and then send the folder--in some sort of compression
program that would automatically decompress when saved from the email
program. If the files are in the same folder, I'd think that the link would
be more likely to be maintained.

I don't know how files link in Word and Excel, but that would be another way
to look into the issue. Sounds like an interesting problem. Post if you
figure it out.
Joel

On 4/5/06 5:47 AM, in article
, "