Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diddakoi Diddakoi is offline

Default Grouping Objects to Paste Into New Document

I am thinking I have seen the answer to my question before but I'll be darned
if I've been able to locate it!

I have several objects (e.g., drawing boxes, circles, etc.) that I want to
Group together and paste into a new document. Other than individually
selecting each object and the arrows and lines that connect them, is there a
quicker way that I can select all objects, group them and then paste them
into a new document.

Thanks in advance for help anyone can offer!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on the Select Objects tool on the Drawing toolbar, then draw a
rectangle around all the objects to be grouped. In some applications this is
called "marquee" selection.

"Diddakoi" wrote in message
I am thinking I have seen the answer to my question before but I'll be

darned
if I've been able to locate it!

I have several objects (e.g., drawing boxes, circles, etc.) that I want to
Group together and paste into a new document. Other than individually
selecting each object and the arrows and lines that connect them, is there

quicker way that I can select all objects, group them and then paste them
into a new document.

Thanks in advance for help anyone can offer!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

IIRC - There is also a Select All Objects feature which I believe is
available in PC Word. I can't remember whether it's in the Draw Menu of the
drawing toolbar or not, but you can go to ToolsCustomize - Commands and add
it as a button to any toolbar you wish. When you click that button it brings
up a dialog box listing the objects & you can check the ones you want to
select. A very handy - but quite undocumented - feature.

Also, if you use the marquee technique don't worry about it if you wind up
selecting more objects than you intended to - just Shift-Click each that you
want to exclude from the herd.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac