Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita Anita is offline

Default Displaying pages problem

I am using Word 2002 and have just pasted 4 pages from another document into
a new document. Some of the material has come from a web page and some from
an old W97 document.

I am now only seeing (able to print) one page although if I switch to normal
view from print layout view I can see all of the page breaks but still can
only print one page.

I have copied and pasted the document into a notepad file then saved it and
deleted the word file.

I then opened another word document and copied and pasted the .txt file into
it and all I get is the first page of text and nothing more...in print layout
view. It just says page 1 1/1

However when I switch to Normal View I can see all of the text which should
cover four pages but cannot see any natural page break dashes. The text is
normal, TNR, size 11.

Also, without any text involved, if I open a new document and keep pressing
enter, the cursor does not go any further than the end of the first page.

Does this sound like Word is corrupt and if this is the case....considering
all of the patches, what is the best way to repair it?

Have run the Detect & Repair but still the same result.

Any help appreciated

Anita
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try the following in the problem document: On the Format menu, click
Column. At "Presets," click the "One" option (even if it already
seems to be selected). Click OK. Does this fix the problem?

If so, open normal.dot as a document (for help, see the "To make other
changes" section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm)
and then repeat the above procedure. When you are done, save and close
the file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]