Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sprinks Sprinks is offline

Default Converting PDF to Word

Our old, cheap scanner used to have a "rtf" button that saved the scan as a
Rich Text Format document that could be edited in Word, presumably using some
OCR software embedded with the scanner software. Our new Ricoh scanner
apparently does not have such software, and an attempt to save a PDF from
Adobe Professional as a .doc document was successful, but brought it in as a
frame which was not editable.

Does anyone know how I can do this conversion to an editable Word doc?

Thank you.
Sprinks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can try a copy and paste but you'll probably lose the formatting. Or you
can purchase a program like ScanSoft's PDF Converter. I have it and it's not
too bad.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sprinks" wrote in message
Our old, cheap scanner used to have a "rtf" button that saved the scan as
Rich Text Format document that could be edited in Word, presumably using
some
OCR software embedded with the scanner software. Our new Ricoh scanner
apparently does not have such software, and an attempt to save a PDF from
Adobe Professional as a .doc document was successful, but brought it in as
frame which was not editable.

Does anyone know how I can do this conversion to an editable Word doc?

Thank you.
Sprinks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've had some success with copy and paste of items but since I didn't create
those .pdf files, I don't know what settings were used when they were
converted

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Copy/paste won't work because the PDFs generated by scanners are pure
graphics and the pages are just pictures.

so
all may benefit.

"Sprinks" wrote in message
Our old, cheap scanner used to have a "rtf" button that saved the scan

as
Rich Text Format document that could be edited in Word, presumably
using
some
OCR software embedded with the scanner software. Our new Ricoh scanner
apparently does not have such software, and an attempt to save a PDF

from
Adobe Professional as a .doc document was successful, but brought it in

as
frame which was not editable.

Does anyone know how I can do this conversion to an editable Word doc?

Thank you.
Sprinks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a "real" PDF created from a document, the text is text, but, as I say,
most scanners that claim to be able to scan to PDF just create graphic
files. I found that quite disappointing.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
I've had some success with copy and paste of items but since I didn't

create
those .pdf files, I don't know what settings were used when they were
converted

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Copy/paste won't work because the PDFs generated by scanners are pure
graphics and the pages are just pictures.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.