Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miasha Miasha is offline

Default Office Assistant

I have a user who lost her ability to see the Office Assistant (she is using
Office 2000). When she clicks 'Show Office Assistant' nothing comes up.
This happens in all of the Office applications. I have reinstalled and
repaired Office, but still the same results. Interestingly, I can log onto
her PC with my signon and am able to activate the Office Assistant, so I
suspect that this problem may be profile specific (she is using Windows XP
platform). As a last resort I suspect I could delete and recreate her
profile, but don't want to go this route since she has a lot of specialized
settings. Any suggestions.