Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default Web forms

Why cant I find a book or class to teach me how to create Word Web forms?
Everything i find that says it will teach me to use word advanced features is
just about page set up, mail merge and maybe, just maybe basic macros. I want
to learn complex macros that will connect and interact with other programs
and how to start using word on the web.

My knowledge is completely from observing, help wizard, and basically trying
everythign to see what it does. I have a enough knowledge to be dangerous but
not enough to properly tell people what i can do and what I want to learn to
do.

Can someone please suggest the exact phrase I should be looking for in a
book description or class description that will take me beyond mail merges
and basic macros?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ruth

Ruth wrote:
Why cant I find a book or class to teach me how to create Word Web forms?
Everything i find that says it will teach me to use word advanced features is
just about page set up, mail merge and maybe, just maybe basic macros. I want
to learn complex macros that will connect and interact with other programs
and how to start using word on the web.

My knowledge is completely from observing, help wizard, and basically trying
everythign to see what it does. I have a enough knowledge to be dangerous but
not enough to properly tell people what i can do and what I want to learn to
do.

Can someone please suggest the exact phrase I should be looking for in a
book description or class description that will take me beyond mail merges
and basic macros?

I could name a couple of good books for advanced VBA programming in
Word, but they are all in German (most are resting on my bookshelf, too,
but that's another story ... :-)). I'm sure others here can point out
some for you.

But before you persue this deeply: I do not know what a "Word Web form"
is! If you want to create forms for on- (and/or offline?) use by others,
loaded over the web, then Word would probably not be the first product
that comes to mind (not least because you can not count on the user
having much more than a web browser and maybe Adobe Reader installed).

Just make sure you explore PDF forms, and the capabilities of HTML
combined with a suitable scripting language, and compare that to Word
before you start with your project.

0.2cents
Robert
--