MarkTWAIN99

Default How do I get free updates to Word 2003 without Office 2003

Just purchased a new HP PC which has Word 2003 already installed. My PC also
has a 60-day trial to Office 2003. Because I already have Word 2003
installed on my PC and do not need the other things in Office 2003, can I get
Word 2003 updates free without starting the Office 2003 trial and later
subscribing to Office 2003? If so, how do I go about it?

I'm not sure how the Office 2003 trial may play into this, but generally
when you download Office updates, only the relevant ones are applied, so
even though you might download an update that had "pieces" for other Office
apps, only the Word ones would be applied (and you could ignore any updates
that didn't apply to Word). It might be safer, however, to uninstall the
Office trial (*before* it expires--I get the impression you can't even
uninstall it afterward).

"MarkTWAIN99" wrote in message
Just purchased a new HP PC which has Word 2003 already installed. My PC

also
has a 60-day trial to Office 2003. Because I already have Word 2003
installed on my PC and do not need the other things in Office 2003, can I

get
Word 2003 updates free without starting the Office 2003 trial and later
subscribing to Office 2003? If so, how do I go about it?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I don't know about the "can't" part but I've read so many people who have
had major problems trying to uninstall it after it expired. When my friend
bought her computer last month, one of the first things I did was to clear
out the crap that is preinstalled and I uninstalled the trial version. I
installed Office XP for her and it's running smooth as Chinese silk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I'm not sure how the Office 2003 trial may play into this, but generally
when you download Office updates, only the relevant ones are applied, so
even though you might download an update that had "pieces" for other
Office
apps, only the Word ones would be applied (and you could ignore any
updates
that didn't apply to Word). It might be safer, however, to uninstall the
Office trial (*before* it expires--I get the impression you can't even
uninstall it afterward).

so
all may benefit.

"MarkTWAIN99" wrote in message
Just purchased a new HP PC which has Word 2003 already installed. My PC

also
has a 60-day trial to Office 2003. Because I already have Word 2003
installed on my PC and do not need the other things in Office 2003, can I

get
Word 2003 updates free without starting the Office 2003 trial and later
subscribing to Office 2003? If so, how do I go about it?

I have been using MS Trials for several years and have no problems
uninstalling, using, etc.
If there were many problems Gates would fix them or remove the trial
software.
If fact this new Compaq has the same 60 day trial which all worked and then
was removed OK.
=======================================
Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
Lsu @ msn.com
http://searchingforfamily.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

"MarkTWAIN99" wrote in message
Just purchased a new HP PC which has Word 2003 already installed. My PC
also
has a 60-day trial to Office 2003. Because I already have Word 2003
installed on my PC and do not need the other things in Office 2003, can I
get
Word 2003 updates free without starting the Office 2003 trial and later
subscribing to Office 2003? If so, how do I go about it?

Maybe MS created it the same as standard office apps cause it works perfect
including FP, Accounting trials, etc. I cannot buy Office cause I keep
getting these 6 month trials so I have to spend my money on Cajun Gumbo.

Alabama folks must be great cause when we worked at a Nuclear plant near
Dothan, AL we ate at a Cafe named "The Sweet Shop" and checked out on a
honor system: You tell them what you ate and they totaled it up.
Man, why didn't I marry an Alabama girl instead of this Louisiana Cajun
girl?