Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
magman magman is offline

Default How do I use two symbols or characters to make a bullet?

I want to put two symbol squares side by side to make a single bullet for a
bullet list of to-do items so I can check one box to show I've started
something and the other when it is finished.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In case you can't have a two-character bullet (which I suspect you
can't), you could use the "White Square with Vertical Bisecting Line,"
Unicode 25EB in the "Geometric Shapes" range. This gives you two boxes
you could check off or fill in. You'll find it in the fonts Arial
Unicode and Lucida Sans Unicode (and maybe some others).

On Apr 24, 1:06*pm, magman wrote:
I want to put two symbol squares side by side to make a single bullet for a
bullet list of to-do items so I can check one box to show I've started
something and the other when it is finished.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't have a two-character bullet, but you can have as many characters
as you like as part of a numbering style, provided they are all from the
same font. The articles at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm
(Word 2003 and earlier) and http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm
describe the general process of setting up "word bullets," and the rest of
the process would be to change the font of the "numbering."

http://word.mvps.org