Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
associates associates is offline

Default disable macros

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I have a problem
when it comes to sending word documents to our clients. What happens is that
some of our word docs have got macros in it or track changes and we don't
want our clients to be able to see the changes that have been made to the
docs. Moreover, some of our clients don't allow macros to be executed on
their end due to security reason.

Is there a way (don't know if this is a need of coding here) of getting
around this problem? if there is a way of disabling the macros as well as
deleting all the changes before the document gets sent, that'd be fantastic.

BTW, we're using office 03.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You may want to copy your working file before doing the following, maybe
"Client Issue".
Track Changes:
To turn on the Track Changes toolbar: View Toolbars, Reviewing.
Click thedown-arrow next to the tick, Accept all changes in document, or not
as the case maybe.

Macros:
Usually macros are saved in the template that the document is based upon.
But to check, Tools, Templates and AddIns, Organizer, Macro project Items.
The left box shows any macro saved in the document, the right box shows the
macros saved on the template.

Hope this helps
DeanH