Dennis Cheever

Default How do I fomat and envelope using mail merge?

I am using Mailmerge to print envelopes using an Outlook contact list.
Everthing goes fine until the screen where you click the location and then
select the item that goes there. Even though I click the center of the
envelope (and the cursor stays there), when I select Address block it puts
the address right under the return address. I just can't get it to stay in
the center of the envelope where it belongs. Have I missed a formatting
command somewhere?

Doug Robbins

Are you sure that you have the selection inside the Frame that holds the
envelope address?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Dennis Cheever" wrote in message
I am using Mailmerge to print envelopes using an Outlook contact list.
Everthing goes fine until the screen where you click the location and then
select the item that goes there. Even though I click the center of the
envelope (and the cursor stays there), when I select Address block it puts
the address right under the return address. I just can't get it to stay in
the center of the envelope where it belongs. Have I missed a formatting
command somewhere?

Dennis Cheever

Doug, thank you but I'm not sure what that means. I am on step 4 of 6 in the
Mail Merge wizard titled "Arrange your envelope". The envelope is depicted
on the screen and I am double clicking in the middle of it, leaving the
flashing cursor where I clicked. Then I select the "Address block" item in
the wizards window and as soon as I do AddressBlock appears directly
under the return address on the envelope (not where the cursor was).

I tried placing other items, such as the bar code, but no matter where I try
to place them they jump right up under the return address also. Is Word not
WYSIWYG when using these functions?

t"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Are you sure that you have the selection inside the Frame that holds the
envelope address?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Dennis Cheever" wrote in message
I am using Mailmerge to print envelopes using an Outlook contact list.
Everthing goes fine until the screen where you click the location and then
select the item that goes there. Even though I click the center of the
envelope (and the cursor stays there), when I select Address block it puts
the address right under the return address. I just can't get it to stay in
the center of the envelope where it belongs. Have I missed a formatting
command somewhere?

Doug Robbins

When you click in the centre of the document, you should see a rectangular
box with a hatched outline with the cursor inside that box. If you have
Click and type enabled under ToolsOptions Edit, disable it.