Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth W. Beth W. is offline

Default adding blank pages at the beginning of long document

I have a long document numbered from Chapter one continuing on but I would
like to add blank pages that will not be included in the page numbering. I
need a preface page and table of content etc. but would like my first chapter
to begin on page one, how is this accomplished?
Thank you for any assistance
--
Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

Add several "page breaks" at the beginning of the document and then a "Section-page break".
Then in the second section (your actual document) configure the page numbering to start with "one".

"Beth W." wrote in message
I have a long document numbered from Chapter one continuing on but I would
like to add blank pages that will not be included in the page numbering. I
need a preface page and table of content etc. but would like my first chapter
to begin on page one, how is this accomplished?
Thank you for any assistance
--
Beth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Beth

Beth W. wrote:
I have a long document numbered from Chapter one continuing on but I would
like to add blank pages that will not be included in the page numbering. I
need a preface page and table of content etc. but would like my first chapter
to begin on page one, how is this accomplished?

before the first heading of your first chapter, insert a section
break/odd page. Numbering is a section property in Word, that means you
can define the second section to restart it at "1", and do whatever you
like with it in section 1. Best practice is to use the insert | page
numbers dialog only for defining the numbering scheme, but not to
actually insert it (hit "close" instead of "ok"). Then insert PAGE
fields in your header or footer as you like.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm, and note
that in order to have blank pages (as opposed to ones with a different
numbering style), you must unlink the appropriate header/footer sections.