Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Does Word have "Paste Link" functionality?

I am trying to find out whether Word has a similar function to Excels "Paste
Link". I often have projects that borrow content from another projects
content document. I would like to create an auto-correct function where, once
it's copied and pasted, the borrowed content is automatically updated in the
new content doc if the initial content is updated. How can I create that
functionality and add it to a template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sharon wrote:
I am trying to find out whether Word has a similar function to
Excel's "Paste Link". I often have projects that borrow content from
another project's content document. I would like to create an
auto-correct function where, once it's copied and pasted, the
borrowed content is automatically updated in the new content doc if
the initial content is updated. How can I create that functionality
and add it to a template?

Copy the content in Excel, switch to the Word document, and

- in Word 2003 and earlier, click Edit Paste Special
- in Word 2007, click the down arrow on the Paste button on the Home menu
and choose Paste Special.

In the dialog, click the Paste Link option and choose to paste it as an
Excel object.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman