Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TABLE PERPLEXED! TABLE PERPLEXED! is offline

Default Table Form with Bulleted Fields

I am creating a form that is to be locked for use. I have one section that
is created as a table with three columns: two with a form fields inserted
into a each column cell and the third column cell is a drop-down box.

I need the locked form to drop to a new bulleted ROW of three columns upon
data entry.

Does ANYONE know how to accomplish this???

What I have found is that it works if the form is unlocked, but then you
can't table from one insertion field to the next. If I lock the form, it
simply either puts a bulleted return into the same row and then if you tab it
jumps to next fill-in field.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi TP

TABLE PERPLEXED! wrote:
I am creating a form that is to be locked for use. I have one section that
is created as a table with three columns: two with a form fields inserted
into a each column cell and the third column cell is a drop-down box.

I need the locked form to drop to a new bulleted ROW of three columns upon
data entry.

Does ANYONE know how to accomplish this???

What I have found is that it works if the form is unlocked, but then you
can't table from one insertion field to the next. If I lock the form, it
simply either puts a bulleted return into the same row and then if you tab it
jumps to next fill-in field.

You would need a macro that does some validation, unprotects the sheet,
inserts the necessary line, sets focus on some field, and reprotects
again. Then you assign this macro to the on-exit property of the
relevant field(s).

HTH
Robert
--