Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Swift Steve Swift is offline

Default Moving data between tables

I have two documents. Each contains a table with three columns. I'm
moving data from columns 2 & 3 in the "old" document to columns 2 & 3 in
the "new" document. I'm doing this one row at a time (because each row
represents something physical that I'm moving, and that takes time)

Until today I'd select column 2&3 in the old table, and cut (Ctrl+x).
In the new table I'd put the cursor in column 2 of the next empty row
and paste (ctrl+v). This would put data from column 2 in column 2 and
data from column 3 in column 3. Ideal. Just what I wanted/expected.

Today, the paste operation is creating a new, single row, double column
table inside column two of my new table.

I'm too set in my ways to be doing anything differently, so what might
be causing this?

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Swift Steve Swift is offline

Today, the paste operation is creating a new, single row, double column
table inside column two of my new table.

That was simply WORD's subtle way of saying "I'd rather you reboot
before doing that again". Too subtle for me, though.

moving tables/pictures Zeus New Users 1 April 3rd 07 08:14 AM
moving tables buddy Tables 1 December 17th 06 01:38 PM
Moving Tables in Template sweens319 Tables 4 October 12th 06 11:24 PM
Moving rows in tables Sharon Tables 2 February 18th 06 05:36 PM
Moving through tables on word with tab key steve-o Microsoft Word Help 1 October 6th 05 05:24 PM