Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank

Default multi-level bullet lists

New user having fits with bullet lists.

I have a completed document and I'm trying to separate into the proper
bullet levels. I have the 1st level digits 1, 2, 3 etc, and 2nd level
letters a), b), c), etc.

Inbetween #3 and #4 I have a heading that I want to become #4. I hit the
enter key and I keep making e), f), g), etc. I've tried combinations of
CTRL, ALT, and ENTER with no luck. Can't find the solution in help
either.

How do I make that happen?

While I'm at it, how do I form new 1st level bullets?

How do I stop bullet list? double-enter works, but that just makes 2 blank
lines. Should I double-enter, then backspace? Is that the right way?

thanks!