BJT BJT is offline
Junior Member

Default SOS - cannot update table of content properly

Hi,

I have an urgent issue to solve and would appreciate it if someone could help.

I need to edit an existing Word file (*.doc) with Word 2007. This file has three tables: Table of Contents, List of Tables and List of Figures. The Table of Contents does not include page numbers of figures or tables. This is what we need.

After right-clicking the Table of Contents, I select "Update Fields" from the pop-up menu. Then two issues occur:

(1) After select "Update Fields", the update process starts without showing the "Update Table of Contents" dialog box. Usually we should see the "Update Table of Contents" dialog box at this time. This dialog box contains two options, "Update page numbers only" and "Update entire table".

(2) After the update process completes, the page numbers of figures and tables are inserted in the Table of Contents. This is not what I want. I want the page numbers of figures and tables stay in List of Figures and List of Tables.

Could someone please tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
Lee

Last edited by BJT : January 21st 11 at 01:08 AM