Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Word 2003 closure

I have been using Word 2003 without problems until about an hour ago.

Then when I tried Format | Bullets & Numbering, I got the message 'Word
encountered a problem ... closing down ... etc.

I have opened in Safe Mode - no problem then.
Tried the /a switch - Problem returned.
Renamed Normal.dot (normalold.dot) and restarted - problem still there.
Ran Detect and Repair (twice) - problem not resolved.
Checked no macros, etc, around.

Any suggestions, please?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Possibly the printer driver corrupted. Try deleting and reinstalling the
printer.

Otherwise see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP