Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Banwell Doug Banwell is offline

Default Record count for merge records

I am doing Word mail merges from subsets of Access data and their sub-
records.
I merge multiple sub-records into a single document, but ....
I need to know the number of records in my current merge. (So I can
construct a table of the correct length).
Currently, I ask the user to enter the number of sub-records involved,
but I need to make it automatic.
I have had no luck with
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.RecordCount because it returns the
number of records in my entire database table instead of the number of
records selected in the current merge.

Any suggestions or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
Doug Banwell