Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark M. S. Mark M. S. is offline

Default close document without quitting winword

How can I close a document in the new Word 2007 without closing the Program
itself (and then having to restart it to work on my next document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Click on the Office button (upper left corner). Select close.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mark M. S." Mark M. wrote in message
How can I close a document in the new Word 2007 without closing the
Program
itself (and then having to restart it to work on my next document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark M. S.[_2_] Mark M. S.[_2_] is offline

THANKS!!!

This 2007 interface is real different from the XP one I've been using. I
expect it'll take some getting used to. I appreciate your reply, and the fact
that you took the time to help.

Albest,
;' Mark

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Click on the Office button (upper left corner). Select close.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mark M. S." Mark M. wrote in message
How can I close a document in the new Word 2007 without closing the
Program
itself (and then having to restart it to work on my next document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It does take time but as you use it more, you'll feel more comfortable. I'm
still slogging along myself. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

news

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Click on the Office button (upper left corner). Select close.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mark M. S." Mark M. wrote in message
How can I close a document in the new Word 2007 without closing the
Program
itself (and then having to restart it to work on my next document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Also note you can right-click the Close command and select "Add to Quick
Access Toolbar" which will save on your "clicks" to close. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Word Quitting CJ Page Layout 1 May 7th 07 09:16 PM
WINWORD PROBLEM NEEDS TO CLOSE STARTS WINWARD IN SAFEMODE? CHIEF2KB Page Layout 1 June 25th 06 07:05 PM
Why does office assistan keeps quitting? Emic Microsoft Word Help 0 November 4th 05 06:49 AM
how to correct winword has caused an error in winword.exe shoeman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 09:16 PM
how to correct winword has caused an error in winword.exe singer1 Microsoft Word Help 0 January 12th 05 09:01 PM