Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default Page numbers printing, but not in document. Can't delete.

I want to delete the page numbers that are printing, but I can't find them in
the document. There is nothing in the header/footer boxes and they don't
show up in the print preview.

I am printing with a bookfold, so the pages printed, aren't the correct
pages with the signature is folded. If that makes sense.

If the page numbers aren't showing up in the document, where else would they
be?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check your printer Properties. Some printers have additional features, such
as adding watermarks, and possibly adding page numbers is one of them. And
it does sound as it this is something outside of Word, as Word correctly
numbers the pages in a "Book fold" document.

"Leslie" wrote in message
I want to delete the page numbers that are printing, but I can't find them
in
the document. There is nothing in the header/footer boxes and they don't
show up in the print preview.

I am printing with a bookfold, so the pages printed, aren't the correct
pages with the signature is folded. If that makes sense.

If the page numbers aren't showing up in the document, where else would
they
be?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Thanks. I checked the Print Properties and can't find where a page number
would be added. I figured that it was something with the printer because it
wasn't on the document anywhere. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.
Thanks.

"Leslie" wrote in message
I want to delete the page numbers that are printing, but I can't find them
in
the document. There is nothing in the header/footer boxes and they don't
show up in the print preview.

I am printing with a bookfold, so the pages printed, aren't the correct
pages with the signature is folded. If that makes sense.

If the page numbers aren't showing up in the document, where else would
they
be?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I know this is a stretch :-) but make sure you have the ¶s displayed to make
sure the page #s aren't actually in the Footer & formatted as Hidden. If
they *are* & Print Hidden Text is checked in Print Options it might explain
why they're printing but not displaying.

Other than that I'm at a loss for anything other than printer settingssuch
as suggested by Suzanne. If it's a network printer it may be something you
don't have local access to. Can you print to a different printer to see what
happens?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Leslie" wrote in message
I want to delete the page numbers that are printing, but I can't find
them
in
the document. There is nothing in the header/footer boxes and they
don't
show up in the print preview.

I am printing with a bookfold, so the pages printed, aren't the correct
pages with the signature is folded. If that makes sense.

If the page numbers aren't showing up in the document, where else would
they
be?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

How do I make sure the ¶s displayed?

I have printed it from a different printer on a different network and the
numbers were still on there.

I think I am going to try and create a new document, copy everything and
then paste it to see if it is still there when I get home. I tested a small
section and it worked.
Thanks!