Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LucyBlue LucyBlue is offline

Default How to use document properties under Quick Parts in MS Word 2007

I am creating a manual in MS Word 2007 and I have several pieces of data that
will be repeated throughout the document such as the Dr's name, Office
Manager's name, the name of the business, etc. These names will constantly
be changing so I want the ability to change the name in one place and have it
update the entire document everywhere it is used. I want it to work like the
document properties under Quick Parts. Is there a way to add my own custom
document properties so that they will show up under the Quick Parts tab? Or,
is there some other way to accomplish this? Please don't respond with "Find
and Replace" - that's not what I'm looking for.
I am running on Windows Vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you want your repeating items to be literally like the Quick Parts, read
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Mapped_Content_Control.htm. Greg's add-in simplifies
what is otherwise an overly complex feature of Word 2007.

If you want something a bit simpler, look at parts 3 and 5 of
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman