Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteakCakes SteakCakes is offline

Default A macro to send multiple documents to different email address?

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a macro to automate sending
five documents via email. The problem that I think I have, is because every
time I would want to send the five documents, the "send to" email address is
going to be different every time.

Is there a way to define an email address first, then get word to read this
address and open up five documents and then send a copy of each to the
defined address?

I am confused, because I think a macro can do the same thing automatically,
but if something has to be different every time, then a macro wont work for
me.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While it would be possible to create a macro to do it from Word, I would
suggest that you just select the documents in Windows Explorer, then right
click and select Send to and then select Mail Recipient.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"SteakCakes" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a macro to automate
sending
five documents via email. The problem that I think I have, is because
every
time I would want to send the five documents, the "send to" email address
is
going to be different every time.

Is there a way to define an email address first, then get word to read
this
address and open up five documents and then send a copy of each to the
defined address?

I am confused, because I think a macro can do the same thing
automatically,
but if something has to be different every time, then a macro wont work
for
me.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteakCakes SteakCakes is offline

Hi,
The right click - send to - mail recipient suggestion isn't exactly what I
was looking for. That creates one email with the five documents attached.

I am after sending five separate emails with the same functionality of using
the "Send to Mail Recipient" button. (As in, right click quick access toolbar
- customise quick access Toolbar... - choose commands from: all commands -
Send to Mail Recipient"

This makes the document the email, rather than an attachment, so the
receiver can simply hit "reply", type some answers and press send, instead of
confusing them with opening attachments and then re-attaching their saved
versions of the document.

I hope that makes the situation a little bit clearer.

You said that creating a macro is possible? Even though the email address
to send each set of documents will change every time?

Once again, Thank You for the response.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

While it would be possible to create a macro to do it from Word, I would
suggest that you just select the documents in Windows Explorer, then right
click and select Send to and then select Mail Recipient.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if you're planning to send this suite of documents to various
people at various times; if so, I'll back out. But if what you want is a
mail merge to email with attachments, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm